Senior Heritage Consultant – Team Leader
With the recent restructure and growth in business Heritage 21 is seeking the right candidate.
Heritage 21 is a specialist firm of dedicated heritage practitioners operating throughout NSW and the ACT. Located in Alexandria, the firm assists clients with heritage projects within the private, public and government sectors through the heritage approval process at both State and Local government levels.
Our in-house heritage staff have expertise in built heritage, urban planning, history, research, and architecture.
The perfect candidate will need to have the ability to take on a variety of tasks, from managing projects, preparing cultural heritage assessments, report writing and mentoring junior staff. The successful applicant will work closely with the other team leader and will report to the Studio Manager.
If you are self-motivated, have a passion for heritage and attention to detail, then PLEASE APPLY for this position by sending us your confidential CV.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Preparation for and attending site meetings.
- Overseeing and managing both small to large scale heritage projects of varying complexities.
- Preparation of heritage documentation for conservation projects including schedules, specifications, and maintenance plans. This includes the undertaking of heritage assessments using sound knowledge of statutory planning instruments at Local, State and Commonwealth levels.
- Providing detailed conservation advice to our varied clients.
- Mentoring junior and intermediate staff.
- Managing and maintaining positive relationships with clients including general office activity to meet deadlines.
- Work both collaboratively and autonomously within our creative and friendly atmosphere.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Heritage Conservation, Museum & Heritage Studies, Urban & Cultural Heritage, Architecture, or a similar discipline.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a heritage environment.
- Excellent communication and a good command of the English language (both verbal and written).
- Understanding of report writing methodology and content.
- Understanding of the heritage planning framework in NSW (LEPs, DCPs SEPPS and LEC case law).
- Understanding of heritage architecture and traditional construction.
- Experience with customer liaison and successfully managing complex projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent time management, self-motivated and have a proactive approach to the tasks set, highly organised.
- A good understanding of historical built fabric & building methods/systems/materials, technologies etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word & Outlook. Photoshop & Excel an advantage but not essential.
- Drivers licence (NSW)
- Authorisation to work in Australia.
An attractive salary package, commensurate with experience, will be offered. The company offers a flexible workplace and tries to ensure a good work/life balance for their employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workplace. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter or any queries to email@example.com
What our clients
& partners say:
“We would also like to take a quick moment to thank you all for your contribution to the project and we will update you on any developments as necessary”
Jose SerraoRegistered Architect
“Dear Heritage 21 team, I am please to advise that all the work prepared by your team has satisfied council’s contentions. We definitely know who to come to next time for heritage matters. ”
Andres CaceresLevel 33
“Thank you for all your work preparing this Statement of Heritage. I sat down yesterday and had a good read cover to cover, and felt very appreciative of your level of research and detailed consideration of our requirements.”
“Just wanted to let you know, Council agreed with us in our application to reinstate the front facade! I am so excited. I wanted to thank you for all your help in getting this across the line. ”
“It has been a pleasure to work with you and your team as well!”
“Dear Heritage 21 team - This is an excellent result, thank you for all your work.”
“Sites with heritage values present great opportunities, however often can be easily derailed if clear, concise and timely advice is not provide at the earliest stages of site planning. I have worked with Heritage 21 over numerous projects across Sydney and have found them to be valuable project partners in the development process. ”